Registration for Texas Incident Management Training (SHRP2)
These classes are FREE**
On the scene responders are extremely important at any traffic incident. This course, developed by the Department of Transportation, through the Strategic Highway Research Program 2 (SHRP2), stresses how two simultaneous objectives specific to traffic collision: safe procedures used to clear a crash scene and maximizing roadway space available for continued traffic movement. courses to emergency responders responders around the state. Participants with responsibility for traffic control at crash scenes are often required to operate in a very hazardous environment. During these events, both responders and motorists are at risk of being seriously injured in a secondary crash. Participants will learn the importance of "quick clearance", one of the most effective actions to be taken. Participants are also provided important information related to effective Traffic Incident Management(TIM).
• Relevant standards related to traffic incident management, including those associated with the National Fire Protection Agency
(NFPA) consensus standards
• Effective roadway space management techniques, including proper positioning of response apparatus to protect the scene and
responders working at the scene
• Relevant standards related to traffic incident management, including provisions of the Texas Transportation Code
• Recommended marking and lighting practices for response vehicles
• Relevant standards related to traffic incident management, including the Texas Manual on Uniform Traffic Control Devices
• Traffic incident management (TIM) and the importance of quickly clearing traffic incidents
• Use of appropriate temporary traffic control techniques to warn motorists and guide them safely past the scene
• Recommended response vehicle marking and lighting practices
• Techniques for pre-planning traffic incident management (TIM) at known "high crash" locations
• Improved use of on scene incident command procedures
Here is the list of scheduled training. Click on the date to see registration and course information.
**TDLR has now approved crediting tow operators 4 hours continuing education for any completed SHRP2 training. TTSA as a TDLR provider is able to download your course information into TDLR for you to receive 4 hrs of continuing education. You must provide proper documentation from the course along with a $25 administration fee.
For more information please contact our office at 866-924-2088